Saturday, May 31, 2008

Photo Light Box, who knew???

Oh my goodness I can't believe how much I have enjoyed using this handmade photo lightbox. I actually got the instructions from another blog via the Etsy forums. It has helped me sew much, I can't even believe the difference. I admit I never even heard of a light box before not to mention how much it would help pictures get that nice professional catalog appeal.....

These are easy peasy to make. You just need a nice large rubbermaid or some other brand of clear tote and I went as large as possible to give me more options later. You line it with your choice of poster board. I need to jazz mine up a bit with some colors but haven't got that wild yet:) For the outside, the instructions that I found suggested cloth sheets but I found the tissue paper worked better for me. Then just clip some inexpensive lights to the sides and one of the top, VOILA a light box.......Now if you want some mobility I would suggest buying one of those tents as I can move mine but it's not the easiest task in the world. Also and again against formal photography wisdom, I put mine away from a window and the pictures are much better......

This sits on an antique dresser that I love. You can see all the pretty laces that I use as backdrops for my stocking pictures.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment