Monday, July 28, 2008

An Awesome Bread Recipe for the Machine!!

Everyone in my family loves bread, everyone!! Me a little too much I might add.......So when my Mom gave me this bread machine many years ago I was very excited.........Then I realized it was pretty hard to find a good old fashioned white bread recipe for the bread machine that was really really good.........Well I experimented, let me tell you and finally found this delightful recipe on allrecipes.com! I love that site, please visit it if you haven't.......They have everything and reviews from folks just like you and me who have tried them.......Anyway, this is a foolproof recipe and it turns out delightful every single time. It's great for friends who need a little pick me up for whatever reason. I always keep the large 2 gallon ziplocs on hand and it stores perfectly in those for sharing with a neighbor........Here it is:
Best Bread Machine Bread
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 (.25 ounce) package bread machine yeast
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes. Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast. Select Basic or White Bread setting, and press Start.
Sometimes I add more sugar but I really think the secret to this recipe is letting the yeast work before you add the other ingredients. It is completely yummy and all ages enjoy it!! Bon Appetite!




4 comments:

  1. i love when my mom makes zucchini bread

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey stranger :) Long time no see!
    So you are making bread now? Well even though I just love home made bread, I could never make any I am just terrible in the kitchen, that's why I have my hubby LOL, he has been having a go at bread too recently, he loves to try things like that.
    Hope you are keeping well :)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the recipe! I love my bread machine, but the results aren't always as I would like. Can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so many bread machine mishaps that I stopped using it 10 years ago. It's nice to see someone still fighting the good fight. I had such high hopes for my machine.

    ReplyDelete