Thursday, October 23, 2008

EEEEEEEkkkkkkk.......I know, doesn't the House look great?



Normally if folks shriek……..upon entering my home, I know it’s the mess! But at this time of year, I’m completely honored! Afterall, it’s the spooky Season, right, where ghost and spiderwebs prevail! Goblins, witches and even a spooky bat……..I love finding fun new Halloween decorating ideas that are fun and pretty easy………Every year my search takes me to the same great site, MarthaStewart.com. Oh my goodness, if you haven’t check it out in a while, there are so many great ideas for every holiday, recipes, decorating, costumes, pumpkins…….it’s really fun……..Here is one of her really cute ideas for Spookin up the place a little! More to share tomorrow!

I think this is just such a wonderful decorating project for the whole family to enjoy. MarthaStewart.com provides directions, ideas and the bat template to use. Spooktacular! This project is called Paper Silhouettes. The photo at the beginning of this post is also from her Website and this project. Please comment if you have tried these and what your experience was like. I always try and get her Halloween magazine issue each year but haven't yet. If anyone has please let me know what you think. I am going to try and get it today. Also crafters rate each project too so it's fun to read the comments and find out how easy it was and if there are any pitfalls.......I would love to see your decorations too so please send them to me and I will post them next week for a fun Halloween blog week!





10 comments:

  1. Those are some great photos. Unfortunately, this is our first house where the wood of the stairs isn't exposed. Darn! But I may try to do the walls in the hall this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I LOVE your decorating. I am love Halloween and go all out decorating. Your decorations are so unique and different, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love decorating for Halloween too! I used the creepy mice template and the bat one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stairs. I think I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!

    I love the decorations! So festive!
    I bet you'll be sad to take them down!

    P.S. Giveaway contest on my blog! So if you like cute stuff, come on over! :)

    http://designsbysteppie.blogspot.com/2008/10/designs-by-steppie-giveaway-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the monster silhouette on my stairs one year. We live in a split-level and leave the front door open on trick-or-treat night. One mom said her kids were scared to come down because of the "monster on the stairs"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stairs. what a lovely idea...

    ReplyDelete