Sunday, October 26, 2008

More Great Halloween Ideas from The Martha, A Witches Curtain!

Good morning everyone!! I hope you are enjoying a happy and blessed Sunday and I'm sew excited that you are visiting me today......Glad to see ya:) More Halloween treats and this is another I think wonderful idea from MarthaStewart.com. Now I am going to try this at my front door this year. This is of course Martha Stewart's photo so I hope mine will be this neat. The directions for this are super easy......And one thing I really love about this site is all the projects are reviewed and folks are really helpful in the feedback too.......So this is all you need to make this Witches Curtain!

Lay a heavy-duty black garbage bag flat on a work surface, open end toward you. With scissors, cut 1 1/2-inch vertical strips from the bottom, stopping a few inches from the top. Cut open one side seam, then unfold bag. Use masking tape or tacks to hang. Then, with hands a few inches apart, grasp each strand and pull; stretch strands in several places for a decrepit effect

Now isn't this the neatest and sounds so easy. If it looks like something you might want to try, here is Martha Stewarts' article and it came from her 2004 Issue of her magazine. I love finding fun ideas like this that are also easy on our budgets but really creative. Like i mentioned in my other post about her website, you will find literally 100's of wonderful Halloween ideas. Enjoy and let me know if you try it! Oh and read all the comments under her article too for helpful hints:) On of the hints suggest you use a super heavy duty bag and be careful when you are stretching it........Oh I love Halloween!

6 comments:

  1. You've been TAGGED..... :)
    http://customcreationsbysydnei.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very economical idea...with a big effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a FUN and EASY idea for Halloween decorating! Thanks to both you and Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow this is a wondrful idea. It looks so much cooler than just a trash bash. Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete