Thursday, October 30, 2008

Witches brew is so good for you!




Wow It's Thursday already and Halloween Eve and time for making final feast plans! What about a yummy witches brew for your little ghosts and goblins? I love making punch, because children and adults too so love to see your yummy concoction and use that ladle to get their own.....So much fun! I have found a cute little recipe that I am going to try and I also found some cute ideas for serving it up to all of your spooky guests!


First here is a punch recipe I found at DLTK and it is so easy. Now one thing I noticed too is it sounds exactly like sparkling grape juice sew you could easily use that but it would probably be more expensive....

Ingredients:
3 pints purple grape juice
1 1/2 pints club soda
grapes
apples

Directions:
Mix the grape juice and soda in a pitcher. Halve the grapes and take out the seeds if there are any.
Cut the apple into small chunks.
Float the fruit in the brew just before serving; by magic, the grapes and apples will look just like eyes and teeth.
Does that sound adorable?

Now for the presentation, I also found this at semi-homemade from Sandra Lee. Her recipe is also there for an adult witches brew. I have made this old Southern Punch many times since I was young and it's easy and very yummy but I didn't include it here as I like the Purple color of the Children's punch....But I do love her ideas here on presenting it...

Wearing heavy duty gloves or using tongs, place the block of dry ice in the bottom of the cauldron. (Dry ice will burn skin, so handle it with gloves and tongs and keep it away from kids and pets!)
Use an ice pick to break the block into smaller chunks, if necessary.
Fill the cauldron with just enough water to cover the dry ice. It will begin to "steam."
Place the punch bowl inside the cauldron, on top of the dry ice. The cauldron will appear to be magically smoking.
Entrap the sterilized rubber hand between the cauldron and the punch bowl, squeezing it tight so the hand appears to be reaching out of the mist for help. Hot-glue the hand to the cauldron, if necessary, to hold it in place.

I am going to try the dry ice as I have one of those plastic cauldrons so wish me luck. I hope it turns out really cute......I think it would be just as adorable in a Halloween themed bowl or just a punch bowl with little bit of spider webs and spiders around it too! Enjoy your holiday and let me know if you have a great recipe too and post it's link! I'm glad you stopped by:)




1 comment:

  1. Halloween sounds like fun at your place!

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete