Monday, November 10, 2008

Great Wine finds under $20


Happy Monday everyone! With Thanksgiving entertaining or traveling this season, you may be considering a bottle of wine. But unless you have a quaint little wine shop, you are left with Grocery store shelves and lots of confusion especially if you want to venture into a new wine.....It's fun to shop now, buy 2 and sample a few just to see what you think.....I just got my November/December issue of Cottage Living Magazine....on the cover was a teaser "20 Luxury Wines under $20.......Not only do they list the wines but also provides tasting notes and what it pairs with.....Grab the magazine if you want to see the comprehensive list but I thought it would be fun to share the $10 and under sew here goes:


White wines
Yarden 2006 Mount Herman White $10 From a blend of Chardonnay and other grapes grown in the volcanic soil of Israel's Golan Heights area, this kosher bargain is full of tropical and stone-fruit flavors.

I found this online for $10.39, to order click here.

Zonin Brut Prosecco Special Cuvee, NV, $10 This Italian sparkler is a festive way to start out an evening or take you into a meal. Floral and honey-scented, it's fresh and lively on the palate.

I found this online for $10.99, to order click here.


Red Wines

None of the red wines recommended were under $10 but here is one for $11.


Montes 2007 Classic Series Cabernet Sauvignon $11 Deep ruby in color, this Cab is all ripe blackberries with aromas of cinnamon, snapped saplings, and a hint of eucalyptus.

To buy this online click here It's only $9.99 at this shop.


Let me know what you think if you try any of these! Enjoy your Monday.......and thanks for visiting my blog.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. I haven't had a glass of wine in FOREVER. I think I'll try one of these for Thanksgiving. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sew much for the review..checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I forget to leave you a post? lmao!!! Wish I liked wine, does champagne count?

    Anyhoo, I tagged you and you're it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Yarden Mt Hermon white is a great wine. It is served at restaurants and wine bars in NYC.

    A real winner for Israeli wine.

    There are lots of other great Israeli wines, but most are priced $20 and higher. At $10 this white blend is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I wish I had more of an appreciation for wine because these sound really good!

    ReplyDelete