Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yummy Pumpkin Roll Recipe From Libby's


Wow doesn't this look so yummy? My Mom made one of these pumpkin rolls last year and it was so yummy.....I am thinking about trying one this year. I think she used a pampered chef recipe but I can't find it......But I did search recipe.com and this one has 5 stars and lots of helpful tips on rolling and unrolling which really intimidates me. But isn't the presentation of this just gorgeous? What yummy treats are you going to make this year.....Can you believe we are only a week away from Thanksgiving? Wow didn't my boys just start school? Where is the time flying by to? Have a great Thursday everyone and please if you have made a roll, any hints or tips are more than welcome!! :)


I took the photo and the recipe from the Nestle baking website.....


Libby's Pumpkin Roll


Ingredients:

CAKE
1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)


FILLING
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)


Directions:FOR CAKE:PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar. COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts. BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack. FOR FILLING:BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired. COOKING TIP:Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.


Also Nestle's has a step by step video on their website for this recipe. I will surely be visiting that!


Now for some more helpful hints, allrecipes.com has the recipe too. The first reviewer suggested using wax paper instead of the towel.....But if you have time, there are many different reviews and suggestions....

5 comments:

  1. That pumpkin roll looks yummy....Until last year I'd never eaten one and I found out I LOVE them...Might have to try this recipe..thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please email this recipe to my husband with the subject line "Hint, Hint..."

    Yes, I must convince the hubby to make these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You HAVE to update us on how it turned out. And, more importantly, how it tasted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could reach through the screen and take a bite! I think I may have to just try this. Thanks for the recipe:)

    ReplyDelete