Monday, March 2, 2009

Yummy Chicken Crock Pot Recipe


Happy Monday everyone! I hope you enjoyed your weekend and are ready to get back to school, work or crafting...........I love using my crock pot sew much and I'm always looking for fun, yummy recipes to try in mine. Well I found this one this past weekend and I think it sounds very delicious and of course very ♥EASY♥. It is called Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings but I am going to add vegetables as one reviewer suggested that makes it more of a Pot Pie variation......


Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces



DIRECTIONS


Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.



Some additional notes: One reviewer suggested using chicken broth instead of water. Also put the dough in about 90 minutes before you are going to serve this and push the dough down into the mixture where just the tops are sticking out. They get brown and the dough soaks up the juice.......yummeeeeeeeee........


Let me know if you have tried this and what you thought! I am going to try it this week for dinner......





4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I need to use my crockpot more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last weekend I made 7 chicken pot pies. Put 5 in the freezer for future meals - when I don't feel like cooking.
    This recipe looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my crockpot and this chicken dish sounds luscious. I made sauerkraut and ribs in mine last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! I need to use my crock pot more, too, ha ha... :)

    ReplyDelete