Sunday, April 5, 2009

Yummy Layered Salad!



Happy Weekend to everyone!! Hope you are enjoying a nice, relaxing, and downright fun weekend with your friends and family. I just had to share this Tasty Layered Salad recipe that I have used for many years....yes as you can tell from my Blog, I'm a Recipeaholic.....love them! This is a such a fun recipe to make because you can alter it based on what veggies that you and your family love......It is so good and so easy but very pretty in presentation! And the best part is you can add pretty much anything that your family loves..There are even Mexican versions to spice it up a bit! Another wonderful addition to your Easter Feast too! Enjoy:)



Basic Ingredients but you can add whatever you love!


1 medium head lettuce shredded

1 cup chopped celery

1 cup chopped green bell pepper

1-1/2 cups chopped green onion

1 cup frozen peas, thawed

1-1/2 cups mayonnaise

1 tablespoon sugar

1 cup (4-ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

8 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled


Directions

Layer lettuce, celery, green pepper, green onion, and peas in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise and sugar; spoon and spread over pea layer. Sprinkle with cheese and crumbled bacon. Cover and refrigerate 8 to 12 hours to blend flavors. 8 servings.


Have you ever tried this salad? What variations do you add? We add Black Olives because my boys love them and I leave out the onions......I also add tomatoes.


6 comments:

  1. I love 7-layer salad but I have never made it...guess I need to change that. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe my friend! I made this for our family birthday dinner on saturday, it was a big hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to try this for Easter dinner! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love your recipe - thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete