Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yummy Eclair Cake Recipe


Happy July everyone! Wow can you believe June is already gone and we are well into July? I think I blinked and school was out and I'm here! I love cool, yummy treats in the summer and this is one that I think you will love.....Not only is it delicious but oh my gosh, well it can't get much easier to make. It's also a fun treat to let your children help you make...I hope you enjoy it and are enjoying your summer:-)



INGREDIENTS


2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 cups milk
1 (16 ounce) package graham cracker squares
1 (16 ounce) package prepared chocolate frosting


DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend the pudding mix, whipped topping, and milk.
Arrange a single layer of graham cracker squares in the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan. Evenly spread half of the pudding mixture over the crackers. Top with another layer of crackers and the remaining pudding mixture. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
Spread the frosting over the whole cake up to the edges of the pan. Cover, and chill at least 4 hours before serving.



FOOTNOTE
The frosting will be easier to spread if the cake is covered and chilled for about 30 minutes before spreading. You can also add nuts to the top too.



I have made this thousands of times and the recipes are available in almost any cookbook or online recipe site. This one I got from Allrecipes.com. If you want to check out the reviews and comments, here is the original recipe submitted Eclair Cake.


Enjoy and let me know if you have made this too!


8 comments:

  1. You bad, bad girl...I just gained 5 pounds from the picture...gotta try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good and easy to make! I've been looking for an easy dessert to make on the weekend! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been tagged!! Come to my blog to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake look sso delicious and delictable. Thanks for sharing the recipe,I want to try that one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that looks unbelievable. Or maybe I'm just hungry. Or maybe both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    I love your site and visit it quite often. I wanted to let you know about a site I'm on that I think you'd like.

    It's for those of us who love to blog, or who are wanting to start blogging, for photographers, WAHM's to get their biz name out there, for crafters of all kinds, and well anything that makes us women feel good about ourselves and chat about the things we love to do.

    It's called The Dressing Room. www.thedressingroom.forumotion.com

    We'd love to have you advertise with us as well. You can find our advertising prices in the Announcements and WAHM sections of our forums. Our advertising starts as low as $5 a month. Our site is really growing fast and you dont want to miss out on the fun! Come join us!

    Meghan
    www.thedressingroom.forumotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really good and easy to make! I've been looking for an easy dessert to make on the weekend! Thanks so much.


    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete